Over the summer I had a Personal Beauty Consultation at Sephora. It was a 90 minute consulation (that turned into over 2 hours) with beauty products being put on me left and right. It was a great experience! I was most interested in revamping my face routine, and I purchased several new products and received samples of even more. A lot of the products I'm currently using are a result of that consultation. Some I'm still using, some I didn't buy at the time but plan to, and for others, the honeymoon is about over and I'm ready to try something else. Unfortunately now that I am back in school I am on more of a budget than I used to be!
Face faves by tracccy featuring Cover FX
1. I prefer to use different moisturizers for day and night. I am a longtime fan of Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. Every so often (like right now actually) I stray and try something else, but I always end up going back to this! I prefer the gel formula over the traditional lotion.
2. I had never heard of Cover FX makeup primer before my consultation, but it was recommended to me especially because this particular formula helps treat acne. Anything to keep acne under control is a win in my book!
3. My consultation happened to be the week that Marc Jacobs' makeup line debuted at Sephora. As soon as she saw my bag, my beauty advisor was super excited to show me all the new goodies in his line! I was slightly bummed - as much as I love MJ, I would have liked to see a wider variety of brands - but most of the products really lived up to the hype, namely the Genius Gel Super-Charged foundation. I am super picky about my foundation - I need good coverage, but I also like my skin to look fresh, not like I caked on a ton of makeup. This foundation has medium coverage but it's pretty buildable, and it makes my skin so dewy and fresh, especially when I apply with my Beauty Blender.
4. My only experience with Sephora's brand was an eyeshadow quad yearssss ago that really wasn't all that great, and I hadn't given the brand another look since then. The BA told me Sephora has been working on improving their brand and after she used the Sephora Collection concealer on me, I believed her! I really like the creamy powder formula and it's super build-able. I have so many little spots that need covering up, and this concealer is great. And at $15 for the pot (which so far has lasted me 5+ months), so is the price!
5. I have hereditary dark circles and can't leave the house without something under my eyes. I purchased the Marc Jacobs Beauty Remedy Concealer Pen at my consult, but am unsure if I will purchase again. It's a good product, but I don't love it. I think I may be able to find something better for the price ($42).
6. Blush is probably my favorite face product of all! Along with mascara, it's my super bare-minimum makeup requirement. Nothing brightens up my face like blush. Last Christmas I purchased a blush sampler from Sephora, which contained this Tarte cheek stain blush. It's almost like a fat tube of lip balm, but for your cheeks (I totally use it on my lips sometimes too though). The color is called "Flush" and that's exactly what it does - gives me a nice little rosy flush on my cheeks, For powder blushes, I (along with the rest of the world) am in l-o-v-e- with Nars (Orgasm and Amor are my faves!)